Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale (1st July – 31st July 2019)
Goodreads book giveaway of five signed copies of The Private Enemy by Nicola L.C. Talbot. In the Fenland area of Norfolk, the last Earl of Wynherne is found dead on the study floor of his Gothic mansion. His daughter is missing, having run off after stabbing the seemingly respectable Mr Allerton in the leg. Detective Inspector Charles Hadley and his partner Detective Sergeant Sarah Fenning are called in to investigate, but in this retro world of gangsters and corrupt city police a wrong move could destroy the fragile alliances and trigger war after thirty years of uneasy peace.
This novel is set in a future where the Anti-Technology League collide with demands to restore former levels of technology, rival gangsters battle for dominance, and government agencies are determined to reinforce their message that the world is united in peace and prosperity — by any means necessary. Into this mix comes the last of the Coulgranes of Wynherne, hell-bent on revenge. View details..
This competition has now closed and the five winners have been selected. (289 people entered the competition.)
Goodreads book giveaway of five signed copies of Quack, Quack, Quack. Give My Hat Back! by Nicola L.C. Talbot and Magdalene Pritchett. Little Duck lives on the Amazon River and he loves his big, black hat, but one day the naughty wind steals his hat. Little Duck chases after it, and on the way he meets his friends the arara (macaw) parrot, the sloth, the caiman and the capybara who all join in the chase. View details..
This competition has now closed and the five winners have been selected. (1658 people entered the competition.)
Goodreads book giveaway of five signed copies of The Foolish Hedgehog by Nicola L.C. Talbot and Magdalene Pritchett. An illustrated story for young children about a little hedgehog who promises his grandmother that he won't go onto the wasteland (the road) where the dragons (vehicles) live, but one day he's tempted onto the road by a hungry crow. Will he manage to get home safely? This story can be used to introduce young children to the concepts of road safety and stranger-danger. View details..
This competition has now closed and the five winners have been selected. (1292 people entered the competition.)
- Czech Republic—Tomas Hejda
- Paris, France—Guillaume Moreno
- Brazil—Paulo Cereda
Competition DetailsWant a chance to win a copy of the crime/speculative fiction novel "The Private Enemy"? Dickimaw Books is giving away four signed copies of the revised first edition of "The Private Enemy". This competition has now closed.
- Only one submission per email address.
- Entrants must be at least 12 years old.
- Closing date: 2015-04-30 23:59 +00:00. (Note that this is GMT/UTC/Zulu time, not British Summer Time, so remember to take the daylight saving hour into account.)
- The day after the closing date, four entrants will be randomly selected and will be emailed to notify them that they have won and to ask for a postal address where the book should be sent.
- Your full details will not be disclosed to anyone. Only a general location will be published for the winning entrants. (Just the country for winners outside the United Kingdom, or the village/town/city for winners within the United Kingdom.) If you want to tell everyone that you've won, then by all means go ahead :-) but I won't publish your name without your permission.
- Your details won't be used for marketing purposes (unless you have supplied the same details elsewhere on this site where you agreed to this, for example, if you have a Dickimaw Books Store account and have the "newsletter" option on).
- No alternative prize will be provided.
- The random selection will be performed using the SQL SELECT statement filtered using "ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 4". This selection is final and non-negotiable.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you when you submit the form. If you don't receive it, please check your junk folder. (If the confirmation email is junked, then, if you win, the winning confirmation email may also get junked.)