Jpgfdraw is a vector graphics application written in Java. You can use Jpgfdraw to:
- Construct shapes using lines, moves and cubic Bézier segments.
- Edit shapes by changing the defining control points.
- Add symmetry to shapes.
- Convert shapes into rotational, scaled or spiral patterns (see Step-by-Step Example: A Lute Rose)
- Incorporate text and bitmap images (for annotation and background effects).
- Display text along a shape.
- Extract the parameters for TeX's \parshape command and for \shapepar (see Step-by-Step Example: Bus).
- Construct frames for use with the flowfram package (see Step-by-Step Example: A Poster).
- Pictures can be saved in Jpgfdraw's native open binary format
or native open ascii format (AJR) or can be exported as:
- a pgfpicture environment for use in LaTeX documents with the pgf package
- a LaTeX2e package based on the flowfram package
- an encapsulated postscript (EPS) file
- a PNG image file
- a scalable vector graphics (SVG) image file
- Alternative text can be specified to use when exporting to a LaTeX file (see Step-by-Step Example: An Artificial Neuron).
- Mappings can be used to specify what LaTeX font declarations should be used when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Accompanying Applications:
- A lightweight jdr/ajr image viewer
- A suite of command line converters
|Requirements:||Java Runtime Environment (At least Java 6)|
|Languages:||Resources: en-GB, en-US and zh. Manual: en-GB and en-US.|
|Help (HTML):||Manual, Frequently Asked Questions|
Fetch from nearest CTAN mirror or download from here:
|A4 PDF||Letter PDF|
|0.5.6b||Download Installer||Download Distribution||Download Source||
- Download and run the installer jpgfdraw-0.5.6b-setup.exe
- Unix-Like (Including MacOS X)
- Unpack zip file to the directory of your choice. For
unzip -d /usr/local jpgfdraw-0.5.6b.zip
- Add the full path to jpgfdraw-0.5.6b/bin to the PATH environment variable.
- Unpack zip file to the directory of your choice. For example: